Sunday, September 4, 2011

Your Sacred Self by Dr. Wayne Dyer



I will start out my post by saying that I am not a fancy writer, so please bear with how I organize my thoughts and my writing technique. I have a voice and I want to spread it to the world. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to write.



Your Sacred Self  by Dr. Wayne Dyer p. 317 "What you think about expands into action. The more conscious you become of the ways you use your mind, the more you will be able to leave behind toxic ways of thinking. When you know that your thoughts expand into action, you become very careful about what you think because you know that your thoughts literally poison your life."

I had a problem of using my mind to dwell on the negativity in my life. I never understood that dwelling on negativity kept me mentally in a place of fear.  My moods were a manifestation of exactly what was going on in my head. Moreover, I didn't know that I was mentally on auto pilot?  I was being the best me that I knew at the time.  Therefore, I was just existing and not realizing that there was more to life than the personal mental prison that held me captive. Mind you, I didn't know that I was in a mental prison with my thoughts that led to my insecure actions.

On the contrary, changing my thought patterns enabled me to focus my attention and slowly crack open my "shy" shell. My shyness made me feel like a loner. I never related with people on a one on one level, because I was so shy. Actually, I should say that it took a long time for me to trust a person long enough to let my guard down. I always had walls that I built around me, due to trust issues and also my shyness issues. I know that I used to think that I was unworthy or I wasn't good enough and that I lacked something? I don't know what I could've lacked? Maybe it was the shyness that filled a void in my life that could've been attributed to my childhood?

In addition, I know that the walls that I built around me drove certain people away. As I said, I thought that I was unworthy and I mentally acted in unworthy ways. I unconsciously sabotaged my interactions with people. The feelings that I had inside of unworthiness must've showed in my attitude and body language? More specifically, the dancers that I interacted with and whom I thought had more confidence pushed me further into my "shy" shell.   I didn't think that I was good enough to be around those people. I never showed emotions while dancing, which is an essential part of portraying a character to the audience. Also, I didn't dance to my fullest potential all due to the negative thoughts that I conjured up in my mind. Truth be told, I was just plain scared of failing or looking bad. I wasn't my sacred self. I was someone else who didn't know how to be himself. I didn't know how to break out of the cycle of shyness? Why was I so afraid? Who really cares what people think!

Your Sacred Self  p. 317, rung a bell for me. I wasn't aware that I should think differently? How was I suppose to know that the thoughts in my mind were causing me to think and act in ways that were mentally unhealthy for me? I was living my life the best way that I knew how up until reading Your Sacred Self. I'm not saying that Your Sacred Self instantly released me from my self-imposed mental prison. The book enlightened me and it sparked yet another fuse in my heart to continue on my self-healing journey. It's so sad that some people don't realize that the thoughts that they think will set the motion of what will happen in their life. I don't necessarily believe that negative thoughts will manifest at that specific time.  But, I do believe that further down the road those negative thoughts will manifest if you don't become conscious of what you are thinking in your mind.




Thank you for letting me express myself today. If you would like to further read my other selected books that I've read on my self-healing journey, please head over to my website. You can check out the books that I read under Self-Help Books. I hope that I've encouraged someone today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment