Thursday, September 1, 2011

Be The Person You Were Meant To Be by Dr. Jerry Greenwald



The first book that I will discuss today that I've read is called,  Be The Person You Were Meant To Be by Dr. Jerry Greenwald



I was at a crossroad in my life when I read this book back in 2003. I was tired of mentally being pushed around in my life. I've gone through so much stuff just like the next person. I never really had a channel to vent out any of my emotions. I'm the type of person to bottle up my emotions and move on with my life. I got to a point where I couldn't hold this stuff in any longer. I think that I picked this book up from a garage sale? I can't remember? All I know is that I had it in my possession for a reason. I think that things appear to you at the right moment in time if you are willing to receive what is being offered to you.

Anyway, I picked up this book one day and glanced at the title and decided to read a couple of pages. I came across p.11 "What can be even more exhilarating is the discovery that each time he frees himself from any toxic process he liberates an enormous amount of trapped energy which he can now utilize for more creative and gratifying purposes."  I know for myself that I had low self-esteem and by not channeling my energy and relieving myself of those toxic emotions that I was not a complete person. I was running scared mentally in my head. I don't know but something clicked inside of me that I had been hurting for a long time. After reading that sentence, I really plunged myself into this book. I got my highlighter and note cards and I went to town in reading this book.



So, my first thought after reading this book was that I finally am going to free myself of all the pent up emotions that I've bottled up in my life. So, I was on a hunt to find out more about myself after reading this book. I felt my soul opening up from a long sleep and I was ready to accept my journey in discovery myself.  Well, I've opened up about myself today. I hope that whomever has read this post has been encouraged today.  You can find this book and other books at my website under Self-Help Books. Until my next post, I hope that all of you have a wonderful day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment